Experienced freelance editor sought for high end guest magazine.
Much more than simply a hotel brochure or a traditional visitor guide, this guest magazine is a tailor-made publication of the highest quality. With bespoke features, this magazine is the definitive guide to business services, entertainment, leisure, shopping and travel in the West of Ireland. The magazine will describe the unique heritage and luxurious accommodation enjoyed by guests at one of the most luxurious and unique five star hotels in the West of Ireland.
The role involves collaborating with the client and members of the design and sales teams to generate content and content ideas
Key Qualifications & Requirements
- At least two years experience in an editorial or content generation role.
- The ability to produce high-quality articles that align with audience expectations.
- Strong print and digital writing skills.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, client facing and planning skills.
- Attention to detail and deadlines.
- Collaborative and open approach.
- The ability to work with commercial partners.
- Good time-management skills and the ability to work independently.
- A strong creative vision for the editorial development of the titles.
- Understanding and ability to use social media effectively.
- Experience of shooting and packaging video for social media (desirable but not necessary).
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign and WordPress would be an advantage.
- Degree in journalism or related field.
Please send a copy of your CV and a brief letter of introduction to Jane Matthews email@example.com
Ashville Media Group is looking for an editorial intern to join the editorial team. The intern will gain experience working closely with various editors across our lifestyle and business titles. This is an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate or individual wishing to gain experience and build their portfolio of published work on print and digital platforms.
Experience will be gained in:
- Content planning, strategy, development and scheduling.
- Print and digital writing skills.
- Social media skills.
- Adobe InDesign and WordPress.
- Client management.
- Project management, timelines and planning.
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail.
- Interest in print and digital publishing.
- Positive outlook and willingness to learn.
- Calm and organised approach to work.
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign, WordPress and video editing would be an advantage.
- Qualification in journalism or related field.
Please send a copy of your CV and a brief letter of introduction to Mary Connaughton firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put Editorial Internship in the subject line when applying and your own name in the CV file name.